Factors influencing health status and contact with health services
Encounters for other specific health care
Encounter for care involving renal dialysis Z49
Encounter for care involving renal dialysis Z49-
Code Also Help
A code also note instructs that 2 codes may be required to fully describe a condition but the sequencing of the two codes is discretionary, depending on the severity of the conditions and the reason for the encounter.
- Actions performed to support dialysis treatments.
- Actions performed to support the removal of waste products from the body
- Assessing a patient's need for dialysis to plan his or her treatment.
- Z49 Encounter for care involving renal dialysis
- Z49.0 Preparatory care for renal dialysis
- Z49.01 Encounter for fitting and adjustment of extracorporeal dialysis catheter
- Z49.02 Encounter for fitting and adjustment of peritoneal dialysis catheter
- Z49.3 Encounter for adequacy testing for dialysis
- Z49.31 Encounter for adequacy testing for hemodialysis
- Z49.32 Encounter for adequacy testing for peritoneal dialysis