post COVID-19 U09.9
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code U09.9
Post COVID-19 condition, unspecified
2022 - New Code Billable/Specific Code
- the specific condition related to COVID-19 if known, such as:
- chronic respiratory failure (J96.1-)
- loss of smell (R43.8)
- loss of taste (R43.8)
- multisystem inflammatory syndrome (M35.81)
- pulmonary embolism (I26.-)
- pulmonary fibrosis (J84.10)
- This code enables establishment of a link with COVID-19.
- This code is not to be used in cases that are still presenting with active COVID-19. However, an exception is made in cases of re-infection with COVID-19, occurring with a condition related to prior COVID-19.
- Post-acute sequela of COVID-19